Beach House Bathroom Design for Summer 2016
Ah, the beach house. The summer escape of your dreams. After years of saving and careful planning, it’s finally yours. And it’s beautiful, isn’t it? The bright accent colors, the smell of the ocean and fresh salt air, the never-ending ambient light streaming through your windows…
But what to do about that beach house bathroom design?
Let’s face it – the beach house bathroom is the room you hope none of your visitors ever have to see, let alone use. Often a mix of eroded fixtures, faded tile and chipped-up tubs and sinks, the typical beach house bathroom is never the focal point of great design.
Thankfully, we have good news – not only can your beach house bathroom design be saved, but with a little help, you can transform it into a gorgeous work of art!
Beach House Bathroom Design: Here’s Why You Should Care!
Many of the questions that beach house owners have about updating their bathroom designs seem logical.
“Why should I invest in the bathroom; it’s just going to get dirty!” “What happens when family and guests track sand all over?” “Shouldn’t I just consider my beach home’s bathroom as a glorified mud room?”
The answer to all these concerns is a simple one. Your family, friends and guests will inherently assign the same value to any room in your home that you do – bathroom included. If you invest the time, focus and proper design elements towards making your beach house bathroom sleek, stylish and beautiful, its users will treat it with the same care and respect.
This Project May Require Some Help!
The last thing you want to do when you finally get to your beach home for the summer is work on it! On top of that fact, the average beach house bathroom design faces a ton of challenges that may require professional attention. From weather-worn surfaces to years of sandy footprints, outdated materials and features to dingy, sun-damaged walls, your beach house bathroom re-design project probably needs expert help.
But that shouldn’t deter you from taking on the task! The trick is selecting a world-class custom bath designer with a long resume of beach house design experience. Discriminating beach home owners on the East Coast often turn to Peter Salerno and Peter Salerno Inc., designers of beach home kitchens and baths from Florida to the Jersey Shore.
Many beach home owners are reluctant to spend money updating their summer home designs. Peter Salerno feels that is a mistake. “Treat your beach home or summer home as equal to your house,” he explains. “The more value you add to your beach house, the more time you’re bound to spend there enjoying it. Your investment will repay itself in not only improved home value, but years of added enjoyment and satisfaction.”
Summer 2016: Beach House Bathroom Design Ideas
- Fresh white never goes out of style at the beach.
- While different bright color palettes go in and out of style over multiple summers, fresh white is always in season. Add a sense of clean and classy style to your beach home bathroom design by making white your main design color.
- Don’t be afraid of tile floors.
- Many beach home owners cover their bathroom floors with area rugs, throws and other mats, thinking they’re “protecting” their flooring. In reality, all these homeowners end up with are cruddy, ratty old rugs. Don’t be afraid of your beach house tile floors – especially in fresh white or bold beach colors! Again, if you add value into your summer home, it will be respected by those who visit it (not destroyed).
- If you don’t want blue, try earth tones!
- Nautical blue and white is a tried-and-true beach house bath design color scheme. If you want something unique and appealing, try wood and earth tones in your summer home bathroom. The natural tones and hues of brown and green reflect the sand, grassy dunes and shade trees of your summer retreat.