Get Spooky: Best Pantone Fall 2018 Colors for Halloween Design
Halloween is right around the corner, and it’s time for savvy designers to start putting together the decor, design and color schemes for their spook-tacular Halloween parties!
There’s no better way to show off your design panache than by incorporating this season’s trendiest colors and tones. For this year, that means utilizing the Pantone Fall/Winter 2018 Color Palette. From the surprising set of 10 fall 2018 tones to the ‘classic colors’ add-on, this season’s Pantone palette is vivid and varied, giving you a plethora of color design options.
But which Pantone Fall/Winter 2018 colors are right for Halloween?
Spoiler alert: we’re going to build around Russet Orange. (Obviously.)
But where do we go from Russet Orange? Perhaps a ghostly gray and a lush green from a witch’s brew; maybe a toxic yellow or a blood-red tone?
The most wonderful aspect of the Pantone Fall/Winter 2018 Color Palette is its sheer variety. We’re unaccustomed to seeing so many warm tones (multiple yellows and reds in the fall?!) in an autumn color collection, and it’s a refreshing change to see virtually every shade of falling leaves included.
So which five of Pantone’s Fall/Winter 2018 colors made the eerie grade for our Halloween color design list? Here they are!
1. Russet Orange (Pantone 16-1255 TCX) – the ‘pumpkin orange’ base tone
2. Quiet Gray (Pantone 14-4107 TCX) – the eerie, ‘ghostly gray’
3. Valiant Poppy (Pantone 18-1549 TCX) – the bright, ‘blood red’
4. Quetzal Green (Pantone 18-5025 TCX) – the ‘witches and potions green’
5. Limelight (Pantone 12-0740 TCX) – the glaring, ‘toxic yellow’