Stay At Home: Make Our Own Home Brewed Cocktail Recipe!
The world is serious right now. While you’re stuck at home, why not bring a bit of summer fun into your “quarantine life”?
From the mind of Anthony Salerno (Peter’s son) comes an alcoholic treat that’s sure to challenge your taste buds and keep you relaxed indoors during a stressful time.
It’s easy to make – a vodka drink with a twist from the garden – and even easier to drink. If you grow your own basil, you’ll find this to be a refreshing use!
So, to all you adults out there, give it a try – it’s Uncle Sal’s Delight!
Uncle Sal’s Delight (a cocktail recipe by Anthony Salerno) – please be of legal drinking age!
- 2 large, fresh basil leaves
- 1 basil stem (with small leaves on it)
- Vodka (Tito’s or Absolut are the preferred choices)
- Ice (cubed, not crushed)
- Fill a Highball glass with ice.
- Roll the 2 large basil leaves in your hand to release the flavors, then rub leaves on the inside of the glass.
- Leave the basil leaves in the glass, and bury them with ice.
- Fill the glass up about 1/4 the way with Vodka (or 1/3, depending on your day).
- Fill the remainder of the glass up with Sprite.
- Lightly stir.
- Garnish with the basil stem, letting its leaves rest on the surface of the cocktail.
- Let sit for 2 minutes to allow the drink to settle and flavors to combine.
Enjoy – and let us know what you think of our “stay home” inspired cocktail creation!