KBIS 2020 | Your Guide to the KBISNeXT Stage
Every year, forward-thinking designers and innovators gravitate towards one feature of the Kitchen and Bath Industry Showcase: the KBISNeXT Stage. It’s the stage on which forethought, innovation and bold ingenuity help shape the upcoming year in kitchen and bath design.
The KBIS 2020 edition of the KBISNeXT Stage is certainly no exception; on the contrary, it may be the best version of KBISNeXT to date. This year’s KBISNeXT is sponsored by Houzz Pro, and features some of the elite names in kitchen design, bath design, interior design, green design and design publications.
Beginning on Tuesday, January 21st and culminating Thursday, January 23rd, the 3-day KBISNeXT Stage presentation slate covers trend forecasting, green design, improving one’s financial bottom line, awards ceremonies, panel discussions, and the NKBA “30 Under 30” – a nod to the future of the design industry.
From the official KBIS 2020 site:
The KBISNeXT Stage hosts design experts, celebrity hosts and young professionals, all sharing insights into the industry’s need-to-know topics to educate, inspire and connect members of the kitchen and bath industry.
This year’s programming will include more than 15 programs, including four awards events, and 50+ industry-leading voices and personalities. This year’s topic will range from health and wellness, resilient design, and business development.
What should you make sure to attend on the 2020 KBISNeXT Stage? To be frank, you can’t possibly take in every KBISNeXT presentation if you hope to do anything else KBIS 2020; there simply isn’t enough time. Between the massive exhibitor space, floor exhibits, DCW Technology Tour, awards presentations and specialty events, your attention will be drawn in far too many directions.
We’ve pared down the 2020 KBISNeXT Stage to 8 events that we think you’ll enjoy – and from which you’ll derive a tremendous amount of benefit. We’ve kept our list diverse and made sure to leave you ample time to browse the rest of this year’s KBIS 2020 convention in Las Vegas!
8 KBISNeXT Stage Sessions to Attend in 2020
Tuesday, January 21
- 9:30 AM -10:00 AM: Meet the new NKBA Thirty Under 30 Class
- Each year the NKBA recognizes the brightest young talent working in kitchen and bath design and remodeling as part of its Thirty Under 30 program. Who made the list of young innovators and tastemakers for 2020?
- 11:00 AM -12:00 PM: How to Win a Design Competition
- You’re not going to find better advice on how to win a design competition than from Peter Salerno, CMKBD, owner of Peter Salerno Inc. Since 2001, Peter has won more national design awards than any other North American designer, including a myriad of NKBA & KBIS awards. Peter moderates an expert panel on presentation, intrigue and “wow” factor.
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: The Dawn of a Decade – What to expect from the “Roaring 20s”
- Kerrie Kelly leads a stellar media panel on a ‘first look design journey’ of the decade to come. Will the 2020s roar as loudly as the 1920s? Technology, wellness, sustainability and design trends will all be discussed.
Wednesday, January 22
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM: Zero Waste Kitchens – Upcycle and Recycle.
- “This panel will explore how to effectively think about recycling and upcycling building products. Winners of the NKBA Renovation Angel Luxury Kitchen Recycling Awards will be invited to discuss how they work with clients to remove existing kitchens – addressing shipping, storage and recycling/reconstructing them into new homes.” (site)
- 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM: Avenues to New Revenue: A Road Map in Improving Your Bottom Line
- How can industry members continue to make retail profitable in 2020? Moderator Nick May of the Chaise Lounge Podcast discusses brick-and-mortar, online and social media strategies.
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Best of KBIS Awards
- LUXE Interiors + Design sponsors the prestigious Best of KBIS Awards, honoring the top new kitchen and bath design industry products of the year. Not to be missed!
Thursday, January 23
- 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM: How to Win at Wellness
- Julie Jacobson, Founding Editor of CE Pro, has helped curate a list of 5 projects that promote purpose-driven wellness. How do you design a home for wellness from the ground up? You’ll find out here.
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM: New Rules for Social
- The penultimate KBISNeXT session of KBIS 2020, Leanne Wood of Flying Camel moderates a panel on the new rules for social media in 2020. From content to voice, tagging to search, this is a must-visit panel for brands struggling to invigorate their social presence.