Best Cinco De Mayo Margarita Recipes: Stay Home + Celebrate!
Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner! This May 5th, Cinco De Mayo will once again be observed as a celebration of freedom, democracy, and Mexican heritage and pride.
This year’s Cinco De Mayo will be different, without question. It’s hard to “feel festive” while you’re staying home and shelter-in-place rules are in effect. But a great celebration starts with a smile, self-determination and the will to persevere! If we can help you find a way to feel good in a tough time for a little while, then we’ve done our job for the day!
No matter what your home bar looks like, we’re here to help you get your Cinco de Mayo cocktail recipe list in order! Whether your home bar is a world-class stunner (like when Peter Salerno Inc. turned a ’59 Corvette into the most amazing bar in the world), or a more humble affair, Cinco De Mayo is the perfect time get behind your custom bar (built by Peter Salerno, of course!) and wow your guests with an assortment of amazing Cinco De Mayo drink recipes.
Of course, these recipes are designed for our friends that are of legal drinking age – so make sure you serve and drink responsibly!
Every year, we check out Delish for their updated list of Cinco de Mayo drink recipes – specifically their outstanding collection of updated margarita recipes. From the Bulldog Margarita (you MUST try this if you’re a fan of citrus) to their Perfect Cuervo Margarita, consider this your go-to margarita recipe source for this year’s Cinco de Mayo celebration!
So let’s check out some of our favorite Cinco De Mayo drink recipes, courtesy of our friends at Delish.
Design Your Lifestyle’s Favorite Cinco De Mayo Drink Recipes
All drink recipes courtesy of Delish.
Bulldog Margarita (our latest favorite!)
- 4 c. ice
- 2/3 c. lime juice
- 1 c. tequila
- 1/4 c. Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- Coarse salt, for rim
- 4 Coronitas (7 oz. each)
- Skewers topped with sliced citrus, for garnish
- Combine ice, lime juice, tequila, Cointreau and sugar in a blender, pulsing to combine.
- Place salt on a shallow plate. Dip the rim of each glass in lime juice or water, then in the salt.
- Fill each glass with margarita mixture. Pop the caps off of the Coronita bottles, then flip each one upside-down into the margarita glass. (A little beer will empty into the cup, but once the neck of the bottle has sunk into the frozen margarita, it will stop pouring out.)
- Garnish each with a fruit skewer and serve.
La Paloma Margarita
- 1½ oz. Don Julio Reposado Tequila
- 4 oz. grapefruit soda
- 1 wedge lime
- Add Don Julio Reposado Tequila and grapefruit soda in salt-rimmed, ice-filled highball glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
Perfect Cuervo Margarita
- 1 ounce(s) Jose Cuervo Especial
- 3 ounce(s) Jose Cuervo Lime Margarita Mix
- 1 wedge(s) lime
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- Rub rim of a chilled margarita glass with half a lime.
- Dip into salt to coat.
- In a shaker with ice, add José Cuervo Especial and José Cuervo Lime Margarita Mix.
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into the margarita glass.
- Garnish with lime wedge.
- Coarse sea or kosher salt
- 1 lime wedge
- 1/2 cup(s) peeled, finely diced cucumber, plus a cucumber slice for garnish
- 4 slice(s) (or up to 6 slices; thin) jalapeño, with seeds
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro sprigs
- 3/4 ounce(s) (1 1/2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 ounce(s) (1 1/2 teaspoons) light agave nectar
- 2 ounce(s) (1/4 cup) 100-percent blue agave silver tequila
- 1/2 ounce(s) (1 tablespoon) Cointreau or triple sec
- Pour an even layer of salt on a plate. Rub the rim of an 8-ounce rocks glass or tumbler with lime wedge and invert glass into salt to coat rim.
- Combine cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and agave nectar in a 2-cup cocktail shaker. Using a muddler or pestle, gently muddle mixture.
- Fill the shaker halfway with ice, then add tequila and Cointreau. Cover and shake well until shaker is frosty and cold.
- Fill prepared glass with ice. Strain margarita into it and garnish with the cucumber slice.
For more information about custom home bar design, fill out the form below.