Define Your Kitchen Design With Statement Lighting
Light is everywhere. How we use it defines our space, our perception and our outlook.
In today’s finest kitchen designs, light is more than a tool to illuminate beautiful decor. It’s part of the design itself. Smart kitchen design experts understand that properly using light – both ambient and fixed – is a key to providing a truly luxurious kitchen space.
Smart kitchen lighting design can accent desired features of the space, draw focus to seating, highlight cabinetry and reflect beautifully off brushed metallic and glass surfaces.
In the following photos, we’ve highlighted how Peter Salerno Inc. has used statement lighting in recent kitchen designs to create dramatic, highly desirable results. Which do you like best, and why?
Statement Lighting in Kitchen Design Photos
1. Bold, rectangular statement lighting accents a clean, transitional kitchen island as well as the vintage wood beams in the ceiling design.
2. Utilize the same material (and finishes) in your statement lighting to match other kitchen design pieces, like your custom range hood.
3. Opulent lighting fixtures pair with recessed ceiling and counter light to create a luxurious glow.
4. A series of small, glass-covered island lights spread light throughout this Moscow kitchen design.
5. These incredible pendant island lights evoke the imagery of mason jars, and create a warm, comfortable glow in this transitional kitchen.
7. This kitchen design opts for long, thin island lights to create a more ‘vertical’ design feel.
8. A classic chandelier piece is a central focus of a glamorous ceiling fixture that features a series of hi-hats; opulent sconces are added to match the chandelier.
How do YOU use statement lighting pieces in your kitchen design to heighten its effect, its charm and its brilliance? Let us know in the comments!